Kitchen Re-Do Progress, & a Sneak Peek!

Ever since figuring out the direction for my colorful kitchen re-do and posting about our current progress, I've been dying to actually finish the job.  Turns out, painting cabinets is a lot more work than anticipated.  This project is probably taking us longer than it should though, because a) I procrastinate, and b) um...I procrastinate.  Since our cabinets were not previously painted but were stained, we're also having to go through the tedious process of using liquid sandpaper, priming with two coats of primer, and finishing with two coats of paint.  And, as we found out when our paint chipped, it's essential that the primer be allowed to dry for about a day in between coats to ensure proper adherence to the cabinet doors.  I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it could have something to do with the fact that we didn't sand...we hate sanding, what can I say...if you take the easy route, you will run into problems people!

I do have to say though, I am delighted with how our project is turning out so far.  It looks exactly like I thought it would, and the white color we chose has really given the top cabinets a facelift....everything is bright and airy, which is exactly how I like it:)


We have some of the new hardware up now, and a few of the cabinets have been sent out to have glass fronts installed.  I'm so excited!  It's all starting to come together. 

Here's a little sneak peek of my secret project, which may or may not have something to do with a little post I did a few days back...ok, it absolutely does have something to do with it ;)



Happy Friday!

3 comments

  1. It looks so awesome!! I love the white cabinets :) Can't wait to see the finished project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn! I really hope it doesn't take me too much longer to complete it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having glass on some of the cabinets, it looks great! Also, the sneak peek looks awesome!! Visiting via SITS!

    ReplyDelete