Coffee Table Decor & Organization

Just like the rest of my decorating philosophy, I think coffee table furnishings should create a balance between pretty and functional.  The purpose of a coffee table is to have a place to set and serve drinks, and a spot in which to gather around with family or guests.  It's nice to include decorative elements, but it should also be a spot that is conducive to normal daily activities.  With that in mind, here are a few ideas for decorating and organizing a coffee table for everyday use.




I like the look of a pretty tray- it helps to corral all the various items that would normally just pile up in a disorganized heap.  If you're really neat and don't have a need for extra storage, a couple of large coffee table books would look nice in place of a tray.


My necessities are the usual suspects- TV remotes (these could also hide nicely in a decorative box, I see them all the time at places like Home Goods), drink coasters, and magazines.  Whatever usually sits haphazardly on your coffee table will look 10x nicer in a tray:)


All those essentials have to be balanced out by something nicer to look at- hence the need for some beautiful flowers!  I also added a candle since I burn it a lot (if you couldn't tell from the black burn marks on the glass!).  


This is how I like to organize my coffee table, but there are countless variations- find something that works you based on what you already have, and what you'd like to display.  

How do you like to organize your coffee table?  I'd love to know your ideas!



10 comments

  1. This is super helpful! I love seeing good design broken down into easy steps - it makes it seem that much more attainable. :) Glad to be your newest GFC Follower. Thanks for co-hosting the GFC Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you found it helpful:)

      Delete
  2. I love your coffee table design! New follower from the blog hop! Would love for you to follow me back: www.lifeunpublished.com

    Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to checking out your blog:)

      Delete
  3. What a great design.
    I found you from the GFC hop.

    Teressa @ newbornmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow co-host - Following from the GFC Hop!
    Love your attention to detail - this looks lovely!
    Happy Tuesday!
    ang
    http://jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! Going to check out your blog now.

      Delete
  5. Beautifully illustrated. I love seeing the difference a simple tray makes.

    Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it when a small change has a big impact. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete