Wallpaper is So Back!

Ok, it's been back for awhile now, but I'm so in love with all of the gorgeous prints and patterns that I've been coming across lately.  Gone are the days of faded floral prints and the hideous 70's colored vinyls, although wallpaper in general still seems to carry around some of their stigma.  Wallpaper today is so chic, it's almost enough to wonder how it ever got that bad rap (but then I see that pea green vinyl and I quickly remember).  Thankfully, there are so many options to choose from today, from modern chevron and trellis patterns to whimsical scenes and prints.  So many people are into stenciling these days, and I get it- there's less commitment there, and maybe even less work (I've yet to wallpaper anything in my house, so I'm still naive and believe that my wallpaper will go up quickly and easily...please don't crush my dream!).  But the variety of wallpaper available is so much greater than what can be achieved with stenciling, I think it's worth considering.

Here are a few of the beauties I have my eye on now.

I love black and white.  Gorgeous.


C'est Magnifique!


I love this one...I seriously considered redoing my dining room with this wallpaper.


I call this Dr. Seuss wallpaper...so cute!!

Picture from this site, buy here

Like a bright sunny day:) 


Lavender + pattern...what's not to love?


These are all so pretty.  I just bought some wallpaper for a special project that I'm working on, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  Stay tuned!

What are your thoughts on wallpaper?

2 comments

  1. I've avoided wallpaper in my house, but reading your post today I'm thinking maybe an accent wall would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An accent wall would probably be the perfect way to ease into it...good luck:)

    ReplyDelete