Vitamin E for Under Eye Circles- It's Awesome!

Recently I've turned into something of a health nut.  And until now, I've never been the annoying "do you know what's in that!?" kind...but seriously...do you know what's being used in cosmetics products?  A lot of chemicals, that's what, and a range of side effects to go with them: hormone disruption, negative effects on the reproductive system, and many other potentially dangerous consequences for the body (you can read more about this at EWG's Skin Deep).

While I don't use all organic products, all the time, I do like to find alternatives where I can.  My latest find is using Vitamin E as a moisturizer and under eye brightener.  I've only been using it for about a week, but I have to say, I love it!  The Vitamin E does a wonderful job of moisturizing the delicate skin under the eye without clogging pores, and I swear the dark circles under my eyes are getting lighter.  I tried to take a before and after picture but I couldn't get the lighting right, so you'll just have to take my word for it:)

To use, I just poke a small hole in the vitamin capsule, and squeeze out the amount I want.  The capsule should last for a few days depending on how much oil is used (mine lasted about four days).  You can always buy Vitamin E oil in a larger container if you don't want to mess with the capsules, but for me, it just makes sense to use them since I take them internally as a vitamin too.

If nothing else, Vitamin E is a great natural moisturizer (under eye makeup will go on so smoothly!), and at about $10 for a 60 count jar, it's pretty economical too.  Just make sure you're using natural Vitamin E and not a synthetic form, as the natural form is much better for you.  To ensure you're buying natural, look for d-alpha-tocopherol, and stay away from dl-alpha-tocopherol.  Just remember,  dl= does less...easy, right?

Have you tried Vitamin E as an under eye moisturizer?  I'd love to know your thoughts.

P.S. If you like what you see, please take a second to follow me via google friend connect or RSS.  Thanks! 






10 comments

  1. Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so leary of products that claim to reduce the appearance of dark circles. Seeing as mine or hereditary I really doubt that they can be improved upon. But...I'm always willing to give it a go. Maybe I'll try a sample. If it works, maybe you and I can be in the promo...lol! Andrea @ be-quoted.com visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, you never know what you're going to get with products...that's why I like the natural approach, because you're not really risking much:) Thanks for visiting and following! I'm going to check out your site now.

      Delete
  3. P.S. I did like what I saw, so I added you to my Google reader. TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee! Stopping by from SITS. Great suggestion; thanks for the tip. I just started using Bobbi Brown's Eye Repair Cream, since I've been sick and have horrendous bags under my eyes, but I'll give Vitamin E a try, as well. Happy Friday! I'd love for you to stop by my blog if you get the chance!

    xo,
    Steph
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome:) I hope you try it, I really do love it so far, and I'm very skeptical when it comes to product effectiveness! I'm going to hop over and check out your site, it sounds interesting:)

      Delete
  5. When I saw the title of this post - I had to come on over and read all about it. I have always had dark circles under my eyes, so I am afraid mine are hereditary (but definitely worse since having children)...so I am willing to give anything a try! Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I wish I had seen this post yesterday. This morning I caved in and bought some expensive eye cream. I've had problems with dark circles for YEARS. Well, if the cream doesn't work, I'm definitely trying this method. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you mean you actually buy Vitamin E capsules that are usually consumed, and poke a hole in them and apply them? If so, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna,

      Yep, just pop open one of those Vitamin E capsules and you're good to go:)

      Delete