Put Honey on Your Face!

I love organic products for my skin, mostly because they don't contain the harsh and potentially dangerous chemicals found in many store products.  I also love the fact that I usually already have many home remedy ingredients on hand (and the fact that they are cheap is an added bonus!).


Honey has always been a popular beauty agent, and it's no wonder considering that it is naturally antibacterial and anti fungal, and is also full of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids (raw honey is best for preserving all the good stuff!).  It's also a great moisturizer!  Since using a honey mask several times a week, my skin has felt a lot more balanced and less dry than it usually feels in the middle of winter.

To Use:
After cleansing, I apply a thin layer of raw honey to my face.  That's it:)  The hardest part is trying not to eat it, because it smells SO good.  I leave it on for between 5-10 minutes, but you can leave it on for longer if you'd like.  Then I simply rinse with water and pat dry.  So easy!  Hello nicer skin:)

Let me know if you've tried this!


4 comments

  1. I was just dropping by since you were so kind as to comment on my blog on Monday when I was the SITS featured blogger. Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog this Friday if you'd like to come back by and check it out that would be excellent!

    Your fellow SITStah,
    Sara Ivy
    http://saraivy.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara, I will check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got bee-keeping friends and have long known the benefits of raw honey. I've got to admit it's never occurred to me to spread it on my skin, but it makes total sense. Will be trying that very soon :)
    Thanks for the tip (and your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myriam! I tried to reply to you in the forum but I got locked out somehow! You should definitely try the honey though:)

    ReplyDelete