Easy Iced Coffee

Iced coffee is one of my favorite things in the world, so when I saw the Pioneer Woman's recipe for perfect iced coffee awhile back, I had to try it.  I was scared off for awhile by the fact that the recipe seemed pretty involved and called for cheesecloth and a fine mesh strainer, (neither of which I owned) but my desire for an economical iced coffee got the best of me and I headed to the store in search of cheesecloth.  Unfortunately I forgot the strainer, which, as it turns out, is probably a key component if you don't want grounds in your coffee...note for next time.  


Ingredients:
1 lb. bag of good quality coffee of choice
8 quarts water
Creamer of choice

Other items you'll need:
Cheesecloth
Large container to store coffee in while it steeps

Steps:
Pour the coffee into a large container and add 8 quarts water (I actually halved this recipe)


 Give your mixture a stir so that all grounds have been covered with water.  Cover, and let sit for at least 8 hours (I let mine sit overnight). 


After you've let the coffee sit, place a fine mesh strainer over a large container, and put several layers of cheesecloth in the strainer (enough to cover the inside). 


Pour the coffee through the cheesecloth lined strainer. 


Transfer the strained coffee into a container or two. 


And finally


 Pretty easy really, and definitely worth the effort.  Let me know if you try it! 


No comments